Spring is a good time to evaluate your powered garage door opener system. If you feel it is time to purchase and install a new opener yourself, there are some important tips to keep in mind.
- Inspect the entire opening system, to ensure all parts are working
- Replace any and all worn components
- Inspect the door balance
- Purchase a good quality and respected brand opener
- Follow safe installation procedures
- Inspect and adjust if needed the doors opening and closing force
- Make sure the light bulbs used are designed to handle vibration
- After full installation of opener, test for safety and function
Of course, you can always hire a qualified installer to provide and safely install your new opener.
Provide and install new garage door opener:
Option One: Chamberlain 3/4 HPs MyQ-Enabled Belt Drive Garage Door Opener with Battery Backup for double doors. Special App allows control from anywhere in the country via smart phone, tablet or computer.
$440.00 materials and labor
Option Two: Chamberlain 1/2 HPs MyQ-Enabled Belt Whisper Drive Garage Door Opener for single doors.
$414.00 materials and labor